Instagram @chloeanneleighton

Sunday 20 January 2013

Red Velvet


Christmas may be well and over, but it's still snowing, dark and grey outside. I find going out in the evening at this time of year difficult - it's so cold, and all you want to do is wear black. I decided it was time to add a pop of colour to my winter evening wardrobe, so when I found this incredible blog post on Pinterest I was inspired to make this beautiful red velvet clutch.

What's more,  I didn't spend a penny to make it!! I used the zip from an old handbag I never use any more, and the red velvet material and lining material are from an old pair of curtains we had collecting dust in the loft. Then all I needed was a sewing machine (OK quite expensive if you don't have one, but ask around, someone you know may have one you can borrow) and seriously - very little sewing ability at all - trust me!

I am very excited to wear an all black outfit out now, with colour coming from this handmade, bespoke bag! I'm now thinking of making more in leather, leopard print, fur....








If you're not already on Pinterest then get on there!! It has so many amazing fashion, food, craft and DIY inspiration - I love it. Follow me here.

Enjoy!