Instagram @chloeanneleighton

Wednesday 7 January 2015

3 Day Juice Detox: Day 3 (Final Day!)

So I still woke up feeling bad, but started to feel better as soon as I got up and moving. I also got hunger pangs much earlier in the day today (understandable as I haven't eaten for 56 hours!) but I'm now feeling great, and really energetic. 


I've noticed I have lost weight, but I think this is bloating which has gone, and that's great! I feel a nice feeling of being empty and I've lost the sluggishness.

Day 3 Programme

On waking: Hot water with lime and cucumber
Breakfast:
1 handful of blueberries, 1 handful of blackberries, half a small pineapple, 200g of low fat live yoghurt, ice.
Mid-morning: 1 inch slice of raw beetroot, half a golden delicious apple, 1 inch slice of pineapple, 1 slice of lemon, mixed after juicing with three quarters of a litre of mineral water.
Lunch: This was supposed to be the parsley one again, so I did the same as last night. It looks awful, but tastes pretty good!
Linner (between lunch and dinner): 1 inch slice of raw beetroot, half a golden delicious apple, 1 inch slice of pineapple, 1 slice of lemon, mixed after juicing with three quarters of a litre of mineral water.
Dinner: By this point we were so fed up of the juices, we decided to do our own thing and make a yummy fruity one instead: 1 apple, half a small pineapple, 1 kiwi, half a banana, handful strawberries and handful of blueberries. Not sure if this was the best thing to do...but it tasted soooo good!

Lunch: the ugly duckling of the juices.


Dinner:


Mostly I am planing the food I'm going to eat, which I am relishing. 

The bad breath and chills are still here, but I'm hoping that will go as soon as I start eating again. 

I feel like I can control my hunger much better now; I know I can go three days without chewing real food and I haven't collapsed, so I will remind myself of this whenever I feel like snacking just for the sake of it. I have also found drinking a lot of water makes the hunger subside.

I think I will also try and eat slower. The last few days I have been savouring the juices, even though I'm hungry, because I want to make them last so I feel like I have been 'eating' for a long time. This has worked, so I figure this could help me cut down my portion sizes in future.

Better still, I know that my digestive system has had a break, I've flushed out some bad toxins and am hydrated. I've been pumping my body full of some of the best foods you can eat; which can't be bad!

Finally, and best of all - I am so proud I made it! I can't believe, with my appetite for delicious food that I managed to go three days without eating. I have never done anything which requires willpower and succeeded, so I'm feeling very happy, and more aware of just how much my body can take.

I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow - when I can finally chew food again!!!