Instagram @chloeanneleighton

Monday 7 January 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I am quite rubbish at making and sticking to New Year's resolutions, and I think this is mainly down to my poor decision making when it comes to those resolutions. In the past it's always been about stopping something, giving something up, try not to do something...talk about negative! 

Well 2013 looks to be a mega year for me. In three weeks I am leaving my job to move to London and start  a new job in a considerably bigger company, right in the heart of the big city. I'll be leaving home (for the final time!), moving cities, AND (eek) moving in with a boyyyyyyyyy! (cue Monica from Friends' wail)

With all these changes, and it's not even mid-January yet, it feels wrong to add some more, so I've decided this year my New Year's resolutions aren't going to be about changing, but instead building on what I've already got. Enhancing and focusing on the good.

So in 2013 I will: call my family more often, keep my hair and nails long and beautiful, laugh loudly every day, learn a new recipe at least once a month and make the most of my new life and explore London fully!

If you're thinking about making New Year's resolutions but are daunted by the thought of changing things you don't like about yourself, then simply make the things you do like about yourself even better! Focusing on the good will make you happy, and happy people attract happiness!

And remember...


Bring it on 2013 - I'm ready for ya!