Instagram @chloeanneleighton

Wednesday 10 October 2012

The Whisky Exchange Whisky Show

This weekend was the The Whisky Exchange's Whisky Show at Vinopolis, Borough Market. For most people visiting whisky tasting shows the draw is, well, the whisky. They had some 40-50 stands full to the brim with exciting drams for enthusiasts to fawn over, including some new releases from the likes of Glenglassaugh and others.




However, for me it wasn't the prospect of hundreds of samples of the 'water of life' that got me excited, it was this room....


This room saw whiskies paired with one of my favourite things - food. From chocolate, to Bombay mix, from spiced pears to cheese...oh the cheese...it was heavenly.




While I could have stood at the cheese stall all day, every day for the rest of my life - pairing Glenmorangie with Blue Goat's Cheese, a rather unusual jam caught my eye...Gooseberry and Elderflower! Now I haven't ever made jam myself, but I may consider changing that if I can find a recipe for this stuff...it would go perfectly with my cheese addiction...watch this blog space!