Instagram @chloeanneleighton

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Blooming Marvellous Bread

Although it's no secret I love cooking and baking I do tend to stick to things I know. However, I'm probably not alone in being inspired by the Great British Bake Off, so I thought I would give bread making a go.

I don't have any fancy equipment (I don't even have an electric whisk) but it didn't matter at all - I got stuck into this fabulously simple recipe by Paul Hollywood (who else?) and had some pretty good results!



My tips for this recipe would be:
1. You won't need all the water - add it slowly, bit by bit, to get the right consistency
2. Watch you don't add too much salt - I went a little bit overboard - so measure it out precisely
3. Flour your hands when you're kneading - mine were warm so the dough kept sticking

The good thing about this recipe is that it uses oil for kneading rather than flour, which keeps things a bit tidier! Serve warm with butter, or toast the bread and have with mashed avocado and a poached egg on top for breakfast! Perfect!