Instagram @chloeanneleighton

Thursday 4 April 2013

Burger & Lobster

Okay okay, I know I'm behind the curve on this one, but I've only just got around to going to Burger & Lobster.

We went last night to the new City one and it fully exceeded my expectations!! They say they only book tables for up to 8 people, but we turned up as a 9 and they couldn't have been more accommodating. The staff were attentive and fun-loving, and really added to the relaxed atmosphere of the place.


Now most of you may well have been to Burger & Lobster before, but if you haven't then here's the deal: they have three things on the menu; a burger and chips, a whole lobster and chips, or a lobster-mayo in a brioche bun.

Whatever you choose it's £20. Simple. And yes I hear you cry - who would spend £20 on a burger!? Well, lots of people, apparently. But not us, no sir. 9 lobsters please and make them snappy!



Fully equipped we dived into the deliciously fresh, soft lobster meat which was served as it should be in it's shell, making you do the hard (and fun!) work. We doused it in the decadent lemon butter dressing and sucked and picked the claws dry trying hard not to smack our lips together too loudly!

Not only was the lobster much better quality than I expected it would be, but the chips and salad to go with it were delicious and substantial! We were full to bursting by the time the last shell had been cracked!
 

With a much needed lemon towel to wipe our buttery, lobstery fingers on we sat back, with smiles of satisfaction on our faces!




It seems obvious, but I can't tell you how much of a good deal £20 is for that meal! Not only was the lobster of beautiful quality, well presented and served with a smile, but the whole atmosphere of the place couldn't have been further from my stereotypical 'lobster restaurant' experiences of the past.

There was no stuffy waiter looking down at you for not knowing the best way to crack the claws, the portions were perfectly sized to fill up even the hungriest of boys and all in a relaxed and cheerful environment!

I will definitely go back, and if you haven't already then get down there! And if you're going..let me know how the burger is? I just know I'd never be able to pass up the lobster in favour of the burger, but that's just me....