Instagram @chloeanneleighton

Thursday 26 September 2013

Hutong

This week Pullman hotels invited us for dinner at Hutong, the Chinese restaurant on the 33rd floor of the Shard. I was super excited to get the invite as I haven't been up the Shard and although I have really wanted to go, people have told me it's not worth the money.

When we arrived we whizzed up to the 33rd floor in seconds in the direct lift - so quick my ears popped! As soon as you walk through the door to the beautifully decorated restaurant you are immediately hit by the incredible views. Unfortunately I only had my phone, and not my camera, so the shots aren't the best, but you get the drift. It was breathtaking.









We were treated to a tasting menu which was served sharing-style on a beautiful big Lazy Susan in the middle of the table.






The Kung-Po style prawns and the Grouper fillet were the stars of the show, as was the Peking duck, which wasn't served all shredded and dry as you would normally expect it, instead they shaved off slices of the soft, tender meat and the skin separately for us to stuff our pancakes with.

The most fun dish was the de-boned lamb, which we had to build ourselves onto a spoon with spring onions and a garlic sauce.







Fully stuffed and satisfied at the end of the night we got to stay in the Pullman St Pancras; a beautifully designed hotel. The room was so nice and modern, and the rain shower in the bathroom was amazing. We checked in using the self-service machine, which was so quick and simple, and in the morning we were treated to a fantastic breakfast stuffed with tasty good-for-you treats, like smoothie shots! Which was probably good as I ended the night scoffing down these delicious macaroons!



I would really recommend Hutong, if for nothing but the views. The interior is incredible and the food is delicious, but the staff still seem like they're still working out their thing. I'm sure that will improve with time and that will be the icing on the cake. Oh, and make sure you go to the bathroom while you're there - just phenomenal.