Instagram @chloeanneleighton

Sunday 14 October 2012

Autumn Fash-spiration

So yesterday I had the mother of all clear-outs, an 'Autumn Spring Clean' and banished 3 bin bags full of rubbish from my room to the recycling bin, and another bin bag of clothes to the charity shop. I feel better, clearer, purged and ready to face the winter.

In my ruthless culling of my wardrobe I noticed a few things - I have more grey jumpers than one girl needs, I need more boots, and flat shoes in general and I need more evening wear.

So I hopped online to see what fashion inspiration (fash-spiration) I could get for my winter wardrobe. The first thing I stumbled upon was this ensemble from River Island and figured I'd hit the jackpot - this is exactly the look I want, and suits my current wardrobe pretty well. However, if you ask any of my friends they will tell you that I'm a sucker for a bargain, and will always shop around to find what I'm looking for. I was told by my mother - if you see something you like in the first shop then keep on searching until you know it's the one you want! Good for getting bargains, not so good for a quick shopping trip! As a result I couldn't just stop here and buy, I had to have a look around....


Fashion Union

I love this site -we all know Asos is the man when it comes online shopping, but these guys are great for cheap basics. I have bought quite a few shirts and t-shirts from there and would definitely recommend them.



Vest - £10


Dress £18


Dress - £22


Miss Guided

Asos' baby sister, this site has a lot of the same-style stuff and at really decent prices. Their shoes are also amazing, but I can't wear them because they're all soooo high I'd look like a giant.



Dress - £13.99


I LOVE this jumper - it is already on my wishlist. Only £14.99!



This is a great 'I haven't tried too hard' evening look which I will definitely be replicating. I will probably team it with leggings when it gets really cold. Dress - £16.99


In an attempt to try and move away from grey jumpers I am going to try and get some more unusual ones, in good easy colours, like black and navy. This one is £19.99.



I have just bought the perfect winter coat - blog post to come soon - but when I saw this one I thought it would be great for nights out, because of the leather sleeves which smartens it up. Good value at £49.99.


This bangle is also on my wishlist - £7.99
Clutch - £16.99

Now,when it comes to boots I am always looking for a bargain, but often you just can't compromise on quality. These three below are the styles I am looking for this season - flat, black, and maybe with a bit of jazz to be worn on a night out, maybe I will buy two pairs!!


Office - £80

Office - £85