Instagram @chloeanneleighton

Friday 15 August 2014

Jade's Birthday

This week it was my beautiful baby sister's birthday, so my mum, Jade and I hit Bob Bob Ricard for a sophisticated supper...




We started with hunks of soft, warm bread and butter while we perused the stunning menu which I would describe as 'traditional with a twist'.



I plumped for the Venison Steak Tartare, because, why not? It was so fresh and light; I was actually quite surprised because sometimes Venison can be very rich in flavour. 


Jade and mum went for pies - which were immense! Jade's fish pie was creamy and rich, while mum's Truffle and Champagne pie was a delight! Not too heavy on the truffle...always hit and miss. And both beautifully presented...





Not a soggy bottom in sight.



Dessert was out of this world; we ordered two BBR special's between three of us; a hollow chocolate gold-dusted ball, filled with marshmallows and brownie pieces. They pour over hot chocolate sauce and you can watch the ball crack and fall in on itself before your eyes!






I wouldn't recommend having one to yourself; it's so rich and sickly I couldn't finish a whole one!

BBR verdict is very positive; perfect for a fancy occasion, or a date, as the lighting is dark and moody, the booths cosy and private and the service and food are stunning!

Happy Birthday Jade!