Instagram @chloeanneleighton

Sunday 18 May 2014

The FA Cup Final with Budweiser

Yesterday Ian and I popped off to Wembley to the FA Cup Final with Budweiser.



We were welcomed into the FA Club before the match for lunch, and some pre-match commentary. 

After supping a cool Budweiser on our arrival we kicked off (no pun intended) the day by having our photo with the cup itself.



Before settling down to the good stuff...


The starter was a trio of salmon with lemon creme fraiche. This was followed by a guest appearance by Davide Ginola talking about the Budweiser Open Trials, for those who think they have missed their chance at a professional footballing career. I was very excited by this - mainly because he is ridiculously beautiful...





Just look at that perfect example of ageing well....!

The starter was followed by a perfectly tender filet of Beef.


And this wine - which has quickly become my new favourite!


Dessert was a spectacle and absolutely superb! Chocolate Meringue Tart with ice cream.


After we'd had our fill it was time for the match - I have never seen Wembley with such an atmosphere - I'm not much of a football fan but I can appreciate a big sporting moment and it was amazing to experience.


We even tried our hand at some sneaky paparazzi-ing but I think we need some more practice! (Trevor McDonald wasn't too impressed)


The game was action-packed and by the end I had moved from the 'neutral' position to whole-heartedly supporting Hull, the underdogs. Unfortunately it wasn't to be and Arsenal stole it 3-2 in extra time.


 After the match we went back into the FA Club for mini pies and pulled-pork buns which went down a treat with another few ice-cold Buds.

I'm much more of a rugby fan than football, but I have to say if I go to a football match again I'm not sure anything will live up to this day!

Thanks Budweiser!